Horseshoe Bay is a city in Burnet and Llano Counties of Texas. Prior to its incorporation in September 2005, it was a census-designated place (CDP). The CDP population was 3,337 at the 2000 census. The 2010 census put the population at 3,418.
With a legacy of expertise in the luxury real estate market, Tom Ashworth is the best choice you can make when purchasing property at this exclusive lakeside destination featuring some of Texas ’s finest properties. He is active in the community, has insider knowledge of all the premier properties and neighborhoods. Through unparalleled service, expertise and knowledge, Tom Ashworth is poised to guide you effortlessly through your purchasing journey.
Horseshoe Bay is located at 30°32′41″N 98°22′06″W (30.544814, -98.368428). It is located in both Burnet County and Llano County on the southern shore of Lake Lyndon B. Johnson. This is about 23 miles southeast of Llano and 42 miles northwest of Austin.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 26.7 square miles (69.1 km2), of which, 23.4 square miles (60.5 km2) of it is land and 3.3 square miles (8.6 km2) of it (12.48%) is water.
As of the censusof 2000, there were 3,337 people, 1,623 households, and 1,186 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 142.8 people per square mile (55.1/km2). There were 2,773 housing units at an average density of 118.7/sq mi (45.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.22% White, 0.33% African American, 0.24% Native American, 0.78% Asian, 1.47% from other races, and 0.96% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.29% of the population.
There were 1,623 households out of which 11.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.5% were married couples living together, 2.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.9% were non-families. 24.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.06 and the average family size was 2.37.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 10.6% under the age of 18, 3.4% from 18 to 24, 15.0% from 25 to 44, 36.2% from 45 to 64, and 34.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 58 years. For every 100 females there were 95.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.7 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $54,073, and the median income for a family was $65,324. Males had a median income of $39,375 versus $23,019 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $36,254. About 5.8% of families and 6.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.2% of those under age 18 and 4.7% of those age 65 or over.
Horseshoe Bay Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Horseshoe Bay
- 300 Poker Chip Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- W20033-A Parallel Circle Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lt 2046 Air Park Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 907 Hi Circle South Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657-0000
- 101 Island Drive Unit I Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 501 Highlands Blvd N Unit #19 Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 200 Powder Horn Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657-9999
- 1000 The Cape #61 Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot W16017-D Fault Line Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 133 La Serena Loop Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Escondido Lt 62 Encantada Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot W12066-B Broken Hills Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 423 Lighthouse Drive Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657-9999
- W19070 Faultline Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 0000 Mulligan Ct Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 433 La Serena Loop Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 101 West Bank #15 Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- W3128 Desert Rose Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 104 Cactus Corner Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657-0000
- 101 West Bank #45 Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 22 Diagonal Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 524 Pecan Creek Dr. Horseshoe Bay, TX 78650-0000
- W5010 Up There Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 2509 Diagonal #2 Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657-9999
Walk Score for Horseshoe Bay
Horseshoe Bay School Data
Horseshoe Bay School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
Horseshoe Bay Schools
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school data. Please check back soon.