Horseshoe Bay is a city in Burnet and Llano Counties of Texas. Prior to its incorporation in September 2005, it was a census-designated place (CDP). The CDP population was 3,337 at the 2000 census. The 2010 census put the population at 3,418.
With a legacy of expertise in the luxury real estate market, Tom Ashworth is the best choice you can make when purchasing property at this exclusive lakeside destination featuring some of Texas ’s finest properties. He is active in the community, has insider knowledge of all the premier properties and neighborhoods. Through unparalleled service, expertise and knowledge, Tom Ashworth is poised to guide you effortlessly through your purchasing journey.
Horseshoe Bay is located at 30°32′41″N 98°22′06″W (30.544814, -98.368428). It is located in both Burnet County and Llano County on the southern shore of Lake Lyndon B. Johnson. This is about 23 miles southeast of Llano and 42 miles northwest of Austin.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 26.7 square miles (69.1 km2), of which, 23.4 square miles (60.5 km2) of it is land and 3.3 square miles (8.6 km2) of it (12.48%) is water.
As of the censusof 2000, there were 3,337 people, 1,623 households, and 1,186 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 142.8 people per square mile (55.1/km2). There were 2,773 housing units at an average density of 118.7/sq mi (45.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.22% White, 0.33% African American, 0.24% Native American, 0.78% Asian, 1.47% from other races, and 0.96% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.29% of the population.
There were 1,623 households out of which 11.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.5% were married couples living together, 2.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.9% were non-families. 24.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.06 and the average family size was 2.37.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 10.6% under the age of 18, 3.4% from 18 to 24, 15.0% from 25 to 44, 36.2% from 45 to 64, and 34.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 58 years. For every 100 females there were 95.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.7 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $54,073, and the median income for a family was $65,324. Males had a median income of $39,375 versus $23,019 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $36,254. About 5.8% of families and 6.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.2% of those under age 18 and 4.7% of those age 65 or over.
Horseshoe Bay Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Horseshoe Bay
- 105 White Dove Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657-2037
- 202 Mercury Drive Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- W14006-A Apache Tears Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- W14005-B Apache Tears Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- W14005-A Apache Tears Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 313 Up There Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657-9999
- HSB Lot W1033 Blue Ground Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 106 Blue Mountain Trail Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot 19009 Hi Circle South Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lots 153 & 154 Circle Dr Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 100 Bay Pointe Drive, #20 Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 317 Red Wine Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- LT 22009 Quick Draw Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- LT 22010 Quick Draw Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 17043-A Broken Arrow Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- HSB Lot 8003 Hi Circle West Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot 21-B The Trails Pkwy Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 110 Tee Off Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 15-A La Serena Loop Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 48 Applehead Island Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lot 22264 Long Shot Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- Lt W16008-A Canyon Creek Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 520 The Trails Parkway Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- W19015 Kleen Ayre Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657-6063
Walk Score for Horseshoe Bay
Horseshoe Bay School Data
Horseshoe Bay School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
Horseshoe Bay Schools
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school data. Please check back soon.